AFMED VIII Congress - November 2019 - Kinshasa RD Congo
TVC Medical contributed this year with six presentations:
- The dangers of perivenous perfusion in the newborn
- About a follow-up at TVC Medical of a rare case of foetal subdural hematoma in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy
- About a case of spontaneous necrosis concerning a child of 2 years, 5 months: Purpura Fulminans?
- The MERSH skin transplantation technique for wounds resulting from chronic venous insufficiency (MBASU)
- The first hundred interventions using endovenous radiofrequency ablation in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency in Central Africa
- The difficulties encountered in setting up a specialized hospital center in the DRC: the example of TVC MEDICAL
TVC Medical - September 2019 - "MBASU" Leaflet (French)
The effective healing of chronic ulcer wounds resulting from venous insufficiency is based on a combination of surgical, medical and nursing techniques.
TVC Medical has developed a protocol that is well accepted by rural communities: systematic campaigns are conducted with the aim of informing the population as well as detecting and evaluating the spread of the disease. TVC Medical management consistently invests in the continuing education of local medical and nursing staff. The hospital itself is equipped with a modern surgical infrastructure consisting of two operating rooms that are also made available to other clinics.